Time is getting short!!!
The 4th annual Paris Texas Hamfest will be here before you know it.
When: October 10 and 11
Where: 570 e center st.
Paris Tx. 75460
Costs: $2.00 admission, $15 tables, $10 unlimited tailgate space
This year will be a two day EVENT !!
Friday: Big Fun!!
- Dealers, campers and outdoor vendors setup at noon.
- Doors will open to the public at 5:00 pm
- HamJam 08 !! J.D. Moss and the Texas Highwaymen will take the outdoor stage for a live Concert at 7:00pm (bring your lawn chairs)
- Doors to the main hall close to the public at 8:00
- Overnight camping, tent or RV will be permitted. Hook ups $15
- Overnight security will be provided inside of the building by Phred ‘08
- Concert will be over around 10:00pm.
- Lots of local restaurants will be open.
- Staying over night? Call the Paris Holiday Inn direct at 903-785-9510 and be sure to mention Hamfest for the special rate!!!
- Dealer setup at 6:00 am
- Doors open to the public at 8:00am
- New dealer guests this year will include Austin Amateur Radio Supply, Clear signal Products, GLA Systems (Texas Bugcatcher) , HF Projects and more
- Well over 150 door prizes will be given away starting at 8:30am from sponsors such as Yaesu, Comet antennas, Pro-cuts Paris, Electric Radio, ARRL, Cable X-perts, Borden Radio, N3FJP software, Nifty Accessories, Michael Todd Computers and communications, H. Ward Silver N0AX, Radio Daze, Cheapqsls.com, QRZ.COM, HI-Q Antennas, Sirloin Stockade Paris, SteppIR, Oreilly’s Auto Parts, ABC auto parts, DX engineering, World Radio Magazine, CQ magazine, Phred ‘08, A & A Engineering, Softrock, The Paris Texas Radio Group and more!!!
- Live music by the band "14th Street Reunion" and "Crosstown Connection"
- Contests This year include Global Mobile II, and 80 meter Shoot Out and a 2 meter shout out with cash and Trophies awarded for all 3 contests.
- VE testing
- The Best BBQ you have ever had will be served around 10:00am
- Grand prize awarded around noon!!
As you can see there will be lots going on and we would love to have you here!!!!
Tables and vendor space will sell out , book now!!
We are still looking for volunteers, door prize sponsors, event sponsors , a group or club that would like to come up and sponsor a foxhunt and more.
Thanks to The Paris Texas Radio Group, K95.5 FM , The Paris Texas / Lamar County Chamber of commerce, The Red River Valley Fair Assoc, The ARRL , QTH.COM, EHAM.COM , Pitcock’s Wrecker Service, Ted Randall and the QSO radio show, Lamar county Electric Co-op and many others for making this event possible.